Sunday, January 03, 2010

Surprise, surprise!

I had a bit of a surprise the other day when Oliver Phelps aka George Weasley in the Harry Potter movies asked me on twitter if he could use one of my pics as his official twitter profile pic.

I’ve been on twitter since April 2009 and you get to talk to a lot of people there, including some of the cast of Harry Potter. Some of those who are currently on twitter are Warwick Davis (Professor Flitwick), Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy), Matthew Lewis (Neville Longbottom), Chris Rankin (Percy Weasley), James Phelps (Fred Weasley) and Oliver Phelps (George Weasley). They have between 10,000 and 100,000 followers and get several hundred tweets from fans a day, but they do their best to answer as many tweets as possible.

I must admit that I only follow the three “Weasley-brothers” and the past months I’ve had the good fortune to talk to all three of them: Oliver Phelps 3 or 4 times a month, Chris Rankin usually once a month and James Phelps every third month or so. I’ve talked to James Phelps about his followers, about female skeletons, Lost, Ned from South Park and Christmas. I’ve talked to Chris Rankin about his band, his role as Percy and about snow (!) and I’ve talked to Oliver Phelps about football, boxing, his car (an MX5 Roadster named Sidney), Weezer albums, the flu and now profile pics.

Anyway, I’m rather proud that I’m now able to call myself the official photographer of Oliver Phelps’ current twitter profile pic. Thank you, Oliver, and you are welcome as well. ;-)

No comments:

HOPE WORLD

How come that I, a fifty-five year old Danish woman, is completely mad with “Hope World” by a twenty-four year old Korean guy named j-...